Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hike Two

Our second hike to report on occurred the day before Ch'useok (추석), or Korean Thanksgiving. We went to an old area of mine when I served as a missionary in the Korea Seoul West Mission called Geumch'eon (금천). There is a mountain I would hike at on my preparation days as a missionary that I enjoyed a lot. It was one of my favorite mountains I hiked in Korea as a missionary. We also met a coworker of ours named Mihye (미혜) who lives nearby this mountain.

At the bottom there is a Buddhist temple. Here's a picture of us next to one of the buildings where you can see a tree with its leaves changing color.


We climbed the mountain pretty quickly. You take a bus half way up the mountain until the apartment buildings stop and then hike up the rest of the way.

Here's Jenna proud of her hiking achievement.


A view of where the apartments meet the forested hillside.


Here's Mihye with Jenna atop the mountain with Seoul in the background. It was a bit smoggy that day...


We got the great idea to do this as well.



I don't know who the guy is in the picture, but I wanted to get a picture of what the top of the mountain looked like with Seoul in the background. This is still one of my favorite places in Korea...


After the hike we went to go get some food in the area. We then went to Mokdong for a movie and had burgers afterward with American friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment